Why My Netgear Extender Is Not Working?
Is your Netgear extender not working? Are you not able to stream videos right from your couch because your WiFi extender is not working? Well, worry not! This troubleshooting guide will make you familiar with all the reasons that can cause the problem of Netgear extender not working.
Reasons Behind Netgear Extender Not Working Issue
- Chances are either port, internal hardware, or antennas of your extender gets damaged.
- Make sure the antennas connected to your extender are not loose and appropriately attached.
- There can be a compatibility issue between your existing router and extender.
- Might be the Ethernet cable you used to connect your devices is cracked.
- Inaccurate Netgear extender setup can also cause the issue.
- Perhaps your extender is running an outdated firmware.
- Your WiFi devices are getting affected due to interference caused by devices that transmit radio waves like baby monitors, microwaves, refrigerators, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, etc.
- We think that your WiFi extender is not placed at the right location.
How to Fix Netgear Extender Not Working Issue?
If you have checked the above points and are still facing the same issue, then you are suggested to follow the steps below:
- Start with a restart. Simply power off your extender and then again turn it on.
- If you have connected your router and extender wirelessly, then try to connect them using an Ethernet cable.
- Last but not the least, reset and reconfigure your extender. For this, you need to be careful, as resetting your extender to default settings will wipe out all the saved settings. Therefore, do it with the help of a professional. Even if you want to know the process, then here's how to reset your Netgear extender.
Reset your Netgear Extender
- Plug in your extender to a power outlet.
- Locate the Reset button.
- Press and release the button using a pin-like device.
That's it! You WiFi booster resets!
Now, again perform the Netgear extender setup to check if the issue has been resolved or not. You can reconfigure your extender by following the steps below.
How to Perform Netgear Extender Setup
- Plug in your extender to a power socket and let it get the power supply.
- Connect the extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Make your Laptop/Computer handy.
- Launch a web browser on your device. My preferred browser is Chrome, you can use your preferred one.
- Enter the default web address www.mywifiext.net in the web address bar of your web browser.
- If mywifiext.net is not working for you, try to use the default IP address.
- After entering the address, hit Enter.
- You will be prompted to enter the default credentials of your extender.
- So, enter the default username and password and hit Log In.
- That's it! You are done with New extender setup.
Bonus Tip: Users owning a device that supports MAC OS are suggested to access the Netgear extender setup login page via mywifiext.local.
We hope that after doing a proper setup, you will be able to fix the Netgear extender not working issue.
Still struggling? Well, the problem seems complex!
Get Expert Advice
If after following all the troubleshooting tips given in this post, you can't fix the issue, then better approach an experienced technician who can help you resolve the issue and make your extender up and running.
To get in touch with experts, you can send your query in the comments section. As soon as you notify us, one of our experts will contact you to help you fix the issue you are struggling for a long time.