Tips And Tricks to Secure Your Linksys Extender in 2020
Setting up security for your Linksys WiFi extender may help in preventing third parties from conducting illegal activity over your WiFi network, stealing your personal information, infecting your home network with malicious threats, and stealing your bandwidth. If you own a Linksys extender, you can secure it by changing its default administration password.
When accessing the Linksys range extender’s web-based setup page, a login screen appears requiring a default password. It is suggested to change the default password for security reasons. This particular post will guide you on how to change your Linksys range extender's default administrator password. Read on!
For Linksys RE6400, RE6250, RE6350, RE6300, RE6700, RE3000W v2, and RE4100W range extender:
- Plug your Linksys extender into a working wall socket.
- Open a web browser on a computer or laptop to log in to the web-based setup page of your Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Enter http://extender.linksys.com in the browser's address bar field. Type your Linksys range extender's default admin password.
- If you have changed the default administration password, enter it instead. Linksys extender's web-based setup page displays.
- Click on Management option under the Administration tab.
- Enter a unique and strong administrator password for your Linksys range extender in the “Extender Password” field.
- Re-enter the password to confirm. At last, click on Save to apply the settings.
For Linksys RE1000, RE2000, RE3000W, RE4000W, and RE6500 range extender: Open a computer, laptop or mobile device and launch an internet browser in it.
1. Type extender.linksys.com in the browser's address bar carefully without any types.
2. Select the Administration option.
3. Enter the new password in the “Extender Password”. Re-enter the password to confirm.
4. Finally, click on Save Changes.
Your Linksys range extender will restart automatically and ask you to enter the new password you just created. Enter the new password in the authentication box and use it for Linksys extender setup re6400 and the next time you access the range Linksys extender's web-based setup page.
Important Note: In case, you forgot the default or your personalized login details, then reset your Linksys extender back to its factory default values.
A small factory reset deletes all the personalized settings including your admin name, password, SSID (network name), and security settings as well. The factory reset process is crucial when you cannot recover your Linksys range extender’s admin password.
Reset Linksys extender:
1. Make sure that your Linksys range extender power light is on.
2. After that, locate the factory reset hole on your Linksys extender.
3. Take a paper clip or any thin object to insert it into the reset hole of your Linksys WiFi range extender.
4. Press and hold the reset button and release it.
5. Your Linksys range extender resets successfully.
If you have any questions on how to reset Linksys extender or to secure it, feel free to reach us anytime. We provide support for all Linksys devices.
Have a wonderful new year 2020!