Essay Writing &HOW AN ESSAY DIFFERS FROM AN ESSAY
Definition of essays
An essay is a literary work, usually of a small volume, usually prosaic, which examines the personal impressions of the author, his judgment. The author is a free form can express his imagination on a particular problem, topic, event or phenomenon. Essays are historical, philosophical, literary, artistic, critical, descriptive, narrative, etc.
The composition is a type of written work, usually representing reasoning, analysis, presentation of one’s thoughts and feelings on a given topic. During training, writing essays on literature are most often suggested: miniature essays, essays on given topics, painting essays, essay descriptions, a compilation of literary portraits, and comparative characteristics of works.
The difference between an essay and an essay is for writing.When writing an essay, the students are assigned the following tasks:
- development of writing skills,
- the ability to formulate your impressions on a given topic,
- analysis of facts and fragments of work,
- presentation of one’s thoughts and reasoning in a logical sequence,
- generalization of own conclusions.
An essay is a type of essay-reasoning that requires a creative understanding of the topic, the main thing in it is the author’s thoughts, his vision of the problem and ways to solve it, based on personal experience. The essay welcomes a clear definition of the problem, judgments, and considerations of the author. In the essay, it is possible to use assumptions, various rhetorical questions, phraseological units. They give the essay a stylistic expression.The final part of the essay does not always contain a conclusion.
Essay: differences in structure
The composition should be built according to the following plan:
- An introduction in which it is important to outline the essence of the problem.
- The most voluminous main part, in which the idea of writing is deeply and consistently revealed.
- And finally, the conclusion, which should contain a logical conclusion, and answer the questions posed during the essay.
Unlike an essay, an essay, as a rule, may not contain a clear plan and form of writing, it assumes complete freedom of creativity, it can reveal the personality of the author, his thoughts, attitude to the world. However, despite the complete freedom of creativity, to write an essay, it is advisable to find some original idea or to have a non-standard view of the problem you are interested in Ananthanarayan and Paniker’s Textbook of Microbiology.
Types and signs of an essay
If you decide to order essay writing in our company, then you should formulate a task for the author to avoid misunderstandings. An essay can be of different types. For example, in many universities, it is customary to divide essays by content, by presentation form, as well as by other basic parameters. Let us consider in more detail what types of essays are performed by our authors and what are the fundamental differences in them. For many, writing is truly a challenge. But if you get into the essence, then an essay writing is just the same weighing different points of view, thinking about the stated problem.
Easy conversation with the reader
The author makes sure that the text is understandable to the reader. To do this, he avoids complex concepts and terms and expresses his point of view as simple as possible. Simple, affordable, but competent language.
There are no clear boundaries for such a text. The frames are extensive - it can consist of either three or ten pages. The main thing is to maximize the problem and solve it.
This type of composition does not tolerate a structural framework. How to build a text, what paragraphs it contains, and whether they will be at all - it is up to the author himself.
The relevance of the topic and subjectivity of judgments
The issue under consideration should be relevant here and now. A hot topic despite the day is what we need. And the personality of the author and his assessment should be visible in the course of the text.
Types of Essays
1. Essay narrationAction throughout the text, conflict and the presence of complications, climax and denouement are the foundations of this variety. You can imagine it in the form of an event story or a concise biography.
2. Essay DescriptionA specific object is described here. Anything from plants to feature films. When describing the basic properties and differences of an object, it is necessary to express one’s own position and emotions. There is no room for criticism, conflict, and analysis in such a text. May be presented in the form of a process description of write my dissertation
3. Essay ComparisonReveal the concept in comparison with another. Find similarities, differences, advantages of one over the other and draw parallels.
4. Essay argumentationIn the first place are not emotions and sensations, but reasoning and rationality. Take a statement and prove with the help of facts.
5. Causal analysisThis type of essay is causal in nature. According to the scheme from cause to effect the whole text can be built. Here the facts are arranged in a coherent and logical chain, which are analyzed.
A philosophical essay fully describes the meaning of being within the framework of the subject area. It can talk about people's lives, about death, about finding the truth, about good and evil deeds and their attitude to them. It does not matter what professional sphere the author of the essay belongs to. The main feature of this work is the presence of a clearly expressed philosophical judgment, bordering on criticism of a particular problem. A management essay is one of the most popular types of work. It is especially often used in the science of management and management. This essay evaluates certain activities. The author of the essay may be provided with certain assessment criteria and according to them, he should characterize the activities of an employee of the enterprise, or the entire operational area. This type of essay is written more in cases where it is impossible to express an assessment by other methods. The purpose of this essay is to identify critical problems in a particular area and take measures to eliminate them. A scientific essay is often called a journalistic one write my research paper. Also, this type of essay can be called a scientific essay. Here, the characteristic features are a free and uninhibited style of narration. You can even say what an essay is - this is a way to speak out.
In literary form
- notes - informal style, personal appeal;
- letters - the presence of a specific addressee: politician, friend, artist, abstract reader;
- review - a detailed analysis of the work;
- pages from the diary - free reasoning, informal style.
A literary essay does not describe the author’s biography or his career. In this form of essay, the author’s attitude to the field under study is more examined.
In terms of content
- literary-critical - the work is analyzed with emphasized subjectivity;
- fiction - essays with a touch and features of a work of art;
- philosophical - reasoning with an emphasis on personal understanding on eternal topics about life and death, good and evil;
- scientific journalistic - similar to the essay.
Another classification of essays: